The presence of stubborn and unwanted fats is one of the common issues beleaguering both men and women. The truth is, accumulated fatty deposits are quite difficult to eliminate. No matter how hard you exercise, there are still pockets of fats that will stay inside the body. Fortunately, new liposuction procedures can aid to permanently melt them away.
Liposuction – a medical procedure involving fat removal – has been around since the 70′s. Over the years, it has gone through a number of medical advancements. Thanks to the introduction of new medical technologies, more efficient, advanced, and reliable liposuction techniques became available. New liposuction methods offer better results, increased safety, and greater comfort for patients.
Some of the new liposuction techniques that you should look into include the following:
- Tumescent liposuction – This is the most widely used liposuction method today. Tumescent liposuction is done by injecting a diluted fluid mixture containing saline, epinephrine, and lidocaine solution into the targeted body area where fatty tissues often accumulate. The amount of fluid mixture that the surgeon needs to infuse into the body must be two to three times more than the amount of fats that the patient wishes to eliminate.
- Laser Lipolysis – This is an exciting and effective new liposuction method that uses a surgical laser to target and melt away fatty deposits. The precision and accuracy of lasers allow surgeons to directly target fat cells without causing harm to the surrounding muscles and nerve tissues. That being said, the patient can expect minimal pain, less bruising, and a slim chance of developing scars.
- Water-jet Assisted Liposuction – This is one of the most recent liposuction procedures that utilizes high-pressured water to dislodge fatty deposits from the targeted body areas. This new liposuction procedure requires lesser anesthesia, introduces minimal trauma, and decreases the likeliness of corrective surgery. Certain studies have shown that water-assisted liposuction is also highly-effective in dealing with unsightly cellulites.
- Ultrasonic-Assisted Liposuction (UAL) – This liposuction technique involves the use of high-frequency sound waves that energize and liquefies fat cells. The liquefied fats are removed with the aid of a cannula with lesser suction force.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction – This new liposuction method makes use of a specialized high-speed linear reciprocating suction cannula that rapidly vibrates to effectively break down fatty tissues.
It is critical that you stringently weigh the pros and cons of each procedure to determine which one will offer you the best results.